Thursday, April 18, 2013

Procrastination.

Thursday, April 18, 2013
Okay so I admit,  I've been procrastinating. Yep.  


I flew through my little one's bedroom update / makeover and then lost my motivation.  

I have to admit I'm a bit of a fair-weather furniture re-finisher  lol.  Yes, It's true.  I prefer to work on sunny days.  Or at least not rainy days.  This and the fact that I feel I will never be able to live up to my soon to be 8 year olds dreams of what a "perfect" room will be.  She changes her favorite color as often as her underwear and we don't' always share the same flare for style.  

She prefers non-white. lol. 

I prefer a room that can be changed easily.  I'm trying to convince her of the whole theory of painting the walls a neutral color and filling the room with bright colorful accents that can be changed so easily if necessary.:)

But, I am not one to start something and not finish, so I realize the procrastination can not continue as it is doing neither one of us any good.  I'm stressed about the outcome and she's stressed thinking about the outcome.  lol.  

I'm a bit at a loss as to how this room will come together.  She picked out some coral pillows the other day at winners and I was excited.  It was my out for "PINK."  She also has decided she likes turquoise now too, so I may be combining the too.  But, if I wait any longer, next week it may be gold....


So, I painted the ceiling, patched and primed the walls.  It may not come together as fast as the last room but  it will eventually get done.  It was not fun (the 4 hours of painting) but I know in the end I will be happy that I did it and hopefully we all love it:)

Do you procrastinate? What are you waiting for?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jentiques © 2014